Sunday, April 26, 2009

the color of life.



i have a friend who has the inability to percieve differences of the colors that others can distinguish. in other words he is color blind. When I first found out it was on one of our out of town trips that he called the color purple...blue. I really didn't think right away that he was having problems with his eyes. We just laughed about it until the time he thought the color pink was gray. He did admit that when he got his license he was told he was color blind. I became very curious about this that sometimes we would play student&teacher...i'd ask him to tell me what color is this and that...everything i could see around me i'd ask him what color it was. 

I am amazed and somehow sad. I just could not imagine someone or anyone not able to know/see what the color purple is like. The vibrant colors of pink, periwinkle, aquamarine, harlequin and many more. What if you can't see the difference between blue, blue-green, sky blue and aqua? I was startled and astounded by his situation that I started looking for articles about color bindness. I read in one article that you will be having a hard time distinguishing if it's a red or green apple.

So, typical me was feeling sorry for that person but I realized I shouldn't be. He's not even sad about it. He has this positive outlook about the whole thing. We could just laugh about it. I was thinking... How i wish my life was like that... not complicated and that you can just laugh about everything. For him life is colorful. 

Life is indeed colorful. Its not the the cute and wonderful colors you see but the people and the things that could shoo-away the dark cloud hovering your head

   

“The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes. If you foolishly ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it. Your life will be impoverished. But if you invest in beauty, it will remain with you all the days of your life.”
- Frank Lloyd Wright



No comments:

Post a Comment